This Avocado Black Bean Salad brings a refreshing twist to your usual salad routine, unexpectedly combining familiar ingredients.
It stands as a testament to the art of combining flavors! Each ingredient is carefully chosen to complement and enhance the others, resulting in a dish that’s both harmonious and exciting.
Bursting with the lush creaminess of ripe avocados, the sweet charm of mangoes, and the hearty depth of black beans, it proves how simple ingredients can create something extraordinary; you wouldn’t get enough!
Every forkful offers a balance of textures and flavors, making it not just a delight to eat but also a nutritious choice for any day.
Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue, looking for a wholesome lunch, or needing a colorful side for your dinner, this salad is set to become your new favorite.
FRESH BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH AVOCADO – WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS SALAD
- The lime juice and zest bring a refreshing tang to the salad, making every bite a burst of flavor.
- Loaded with nutrients, it’s both a treat for the taste buds and a boon for your health.
- Whether it’s a main dish or a side dish, this salad is wonderfully adaptable and filling.
- An ideal choice for potlucks or family dinners, it’s a dish everyone will enjoy.
- With simple, easy-to-find ingredients, this salad can be whipped up in no time.
- Can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container, making your week’s meals easier.
- 1 cup Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup Red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Mango, small diced
- 1 cup Cooked black beans ( or canned black beans)
- 1/4 cup Parsley, stem removed, roughly chopped
- 1 pc Chili pepper, optional
- 2 tbsp Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp Lime zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE BLACK BEAN SALAD
- Place diced avocado and mango into a cup. Add halved tomatoes and cooked beans.
- Add finely chopped red onions and parsley
- Add small finely chopped chili, lime juice, and lime zest.
- Mix and serve.
TIPS, VARIATIONS, AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Corn: For a twist, try adding corn kernels or canned corn to the salad for a sweet crunch. It works well in a black bean and corn salad.
- Chili powder or diced jalapeño: Add some chili powder or a diced jalapeño for a spicy kick. Adjust the amount to suit your heat preference.
- Cilantro: Swap parsley with chopped cilantro for a more traditional flavor, especially if you’re aiming for a southwestern black bean salad.
- Bell pepper: Incorporate diced bell pepper for extra crunch and color. It pairs wonderfully with the other ingredients.
- Lettuce bed: Serve the salad on a bed of lettuce for a more substantial meal, turning it into a fulfilling main dish.
- Tortilla chips: Garnish with crushed tortilla chips right before serving for added crunch.
- Creamy dressing: Consider making a lime dressing or vinaigrette with a base of avocado or even guacamole for a creamier texture.
- Storage: Leftover salad keeps well in the refrigerator. Just refrigerate and enjoy within a few days.
Remember, this easy black bean salad is versatile, so feel free to omit or add ingredients according to your taste. Enjoy experimenting and don’t forget to leave a comment below to share your version!
HOW TO STORE BLACK BEAN SALAD
Storing your Black Bean Salad is easy and ensures that this healthy side dish remains as fresh and flavorful as when you first made it.
- Airtight Container: Transfer the salad into a large bowl and cover it with a lid or plastic wrap. Seal it tightly in an airtight container to maintain its freshness.
- Refrigeration: Keep the salad refrigerated. It’s best enjoyed within 4 days.
- Separate Avocado: If you make this recipe ahead of time, consider adding the avocado right before serving to maintain its texture and prevent browning.
- Avoid Freezing: This salad uses fresh ingredients, and freezing is not recommended as it can alter the texture of ingredients like avocado and tomatoes.
- Dressing on the Side: If using a zesty lime dressing, store it separately and add it to the salad right before serving to keep the ingredients crisp.
Remember, this easy salad is perfect for a potluck, as an appetizer, or as part of a larger meal with grilled meats or in a burrito bowl.
You can serve this bean salad with the following dishes:
- Grilled Tofu Wrap
- Chickpea Tacos
- Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
- Tofu Sofritas
- Spiced Chickpeas
- Mexican Rice
- Cilantro Lime Rice
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Is This Salad Gluten-Free?
Absolutely! This black bean salad recipe is naturally gluten-free, making it suitable for those with gluten sensitivities.
2. Can I Add Other Ingredients Like Cucumber or Zucchini?
Of course! Feel free to add cucumber, zucchini, or any of your favorite ingredients. This salad is very adaptable.
3. How Can I Make This Salad a Full Meal?
Simply add a vegan burrito bowl. It’s full of flavor and quite filling.
4. Can I Prepare This Salad Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make it ahead of time. Just cover and chill in the fridge. Add ingredients like avocado right before serving to maintain freshness.
5. How Long Can I Store the Leftover Salad?
The salad stays fresh for about 4 days when stored properly in the fridge.
6. Can I Add Frozen Corn to the Salad?
Absolutely! Frozen corn, thawed and drained, makes a great addition to this black bean salad with corn.
Avocado Black Bean Salad
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup avocado diced
- ½ cup red onion finely diced
- 1 cup ripe mango small diced
- 1 cup cooked black beans or canned, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup parsley stem removed, roughly chopped
- 1 pc chili pepper (*optional) deseeded and finely diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest zest from 1 lime
- ¼ tsp salt more if needed
- 1. Place diced avocado and mango into a cup. Add halved tomatoes and cooked beans.
- 2. Add finely chopped red onions and parsley
- 3. Add small finely chopped chili, lime juice, and lime zest.
- 4. Mix and serve.
Sign Up to Joyful Dumplings!
Subscribe to our mailing list and join our community!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.