Last Updated on September 11, 2023
If you are looking for a simple and nutritious homemade granola recipe that will help you start your day, you have come to the right place.
Here, we’ll show you how to make an easy, tasty, and healthy granola from scratch – no preservatives or artificial ingredients necessary! 😉
Granola is a versatile mixed cereal snack that you can enjoy any time of the day and is easy to make at home.
Whether you’re looking for a healthy breakfast option, an afternoon power boost, or a late-night treat, It has you covered.
This recipe yields crunchy clusters sweetened with maple syrup that are the perfect addition to your favorite brunch.
Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe (Crunchy!)
Making your own granola at home has many health benefits.
It’s packed with healthy fats and protein to make you feel full and satisfied.
Additionally, when you make it at home you control the type of sweetener used.
This allows you to use natural sources such as maple syrup, agave, or molasses instead of processed options.
Preparing homemade granola is also a great way to save money since the ingredients are much cheaper than store-bought varieties.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
This delicious homemade granola can also be used to top oatmeal, salads and other dishes.
It’s quick and simple to make with only eight ingredients so you can experiment with different flavors and find the combination that works best for you!
With this guide, you’ll not only learn how to make granola but become familiar with the benefits of its ingredients so you can confidently create your own unique recipes.
Creativity is key! Experiment with different mixtures to find out what ingredients your body responds best to.
Make Granola with Oats
Making your own granola is a great way to customize the ingredients and sweetness level of your favorite snack.
The basic recipe below can be easily adapted to make it healthier, low-carb, or gluten-free.
For an easy homemade granola, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 cups/435g rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups/150g walnuts, coarsely chopped or pecans
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp/150ml maple syrup
- ½ cup/120ml grapeseed oil or coconut oil
- ½ cup/60g ground flax seed
- 1 tsp/6g coarse salt
- ½ tsp/1g ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp/ ½ g ground nutmeg
To prepare the granola you will also need a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
How To Make This Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 300°F/C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. In a large measuring cup or small bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until blended.
2. In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, chopped walnuts, and ground flax.
3. Pour the maple mixture over the dry ingredients. Stir until everything is coated.
4. Spread out the mixture on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 30-40 minutes without stirring until golden brown (be sure to keep an eye on the oven so the granola doesn’t burn).
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely without disrupting the mixture. The less the mixture moves while baking and cooling, the more clusters will form. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.
You can make it with different combinations of ingredients to create a variety to suit your taste. Once you have the basic recipe, play around and make it unique with these additions:
- Fruits: You can use any dried or fresh fruit you have on hand. Popular choices include raisins, dried cranberries, cherries, apples, strawberries, and banana chips.
- Nuts: Add crunch and healthy fats by including chopped almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or peanuts.
- Spices: Put your own spin on this recipe by trying different mixes of spices such as cardamom.
- Grains: Jazz up the flavor and texture by adding various grains like quinoa flakes, wheat germ, or oat bran.
- Sweeteners: Coconut sugar and agave are great alternatives to granola recipes.
- Extras: Get creative by throwing in mini chocolate chips or shredded coconut for a decadent treat!
Granola can be enjoyed in so many ways. Here are some of our favorite suggestions.
- Top vegan chia pudding, overnight oats, vegan ice cream or parfaits with homemade granola.
- Spread it on toast, waffles, or pancakes instead of butter or syrup.
- Toss a few tablespoons into cookie dough for extra crunch.
- Mix it with dried fruit for a delicious trail mix.
How To Store Your Granola
It is important to store homemade granola properly to maximize flavor and texture.
To prevent stale and clumpy granola, it should be stored in an airtight container or resealable plastic bags.
Try to store the container in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture.
If you live in a hot climate, the pantry may be too warm for storage.
Refrigeration is the best option if your pantry does not provide adequate storage conditions for homemade granola. This will extend its shelf-life significantly and keep it tasting fresh longer.
When you have opened a bag or container of granola, try to get all of the air out before resealing it as oxygen will cause your granola to become stale faster.
Additionally, when scooping out portions of your granola, use clean measuring cups and spoons so that no contaminants are introduced that could interfere with flavor or texture.
These easy steps will ensure the highest quality granola every time!
Granola is a healthy and delicious snack or breakfast food.
It’s easy to make at home from scratch, and you can customize your granola recipe with your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruits.
Hey! Don’t forget to let your creativity run wild! 😄
MORE VEGAN DESSERT RECIPES
- Rice pudding with cooked rice
- Protein blueberry muffins
- Chocolate covered dates
- Señorita Bread
- Tofu chocolate mousse
- Protein Mug Cake
- Vegan chocolate Raspberry cupcakes
Healthy Homemade Granola
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°F/C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat. In a large measuring cup or small bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until blended.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, chopped walnuts, and ground flax.
- 3. Pour the maple mixture over the dry ingredients. Stir until everything is coated.
- 4. Spread out the mixture on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 30-40 minutes without stirring until golden brown (be sure to keep an eye on the oven so the granola doesn’t burn).
- 5. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely without disrupting the mixture. The less the mixture moves while baking and cooling, the more clusters will form. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.
Soldier: Follow me to learn how to become a professional couch potato! 😁
Sign Up to Joyful Dumplings!
Subscribe to our mailing list and join our community!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.