Last Updated on May 19, 2022 by SHU-CHUN
Matcha Overnight Oats are an easy pre-made quick breakfast with traditional rolled oats, chia seeds, no-dairy milk, and matcha powder. So refreshing and healthy, also full of protein and fiber.
Topped with fresh fruits and nuts, they’re so tasty and nutritious!
This overnight Oats recipe is vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free(certified gluten-free oats)! Prepping them in batches effortlessly, they’re my favorite summer quick breakfast and snacks!
Why is Matcha Overnight Oats Good for You?
Do you know Matcha Green Tea is a superfood?
Here are the 7 proven health benefits of matcha green tea, all based on science:
- High in antioxidants.
- It may help protect the liver.
- Boosts brain function.
- It may help prevent cancer.
- Good for heart health.
- Helps you lose weight.
- Matcha tea is very easy to prepare.
If you’d like to know more about the benefits of matcha green tea, feel free to check this article from Healthline.
What are overnight oats?
Overnight Oats are non-cooked oatmeal– oats absorb in liquid during the night. You can use pretty much any kind of oats- steel-cut oats, traditional rolled oats, quick oats. I personally like to use traditional rolled oats, because they absorb the liquid faster but still retain the texture than quick oats.
You can use fruits and nuts for your toppings. Such as apples, bananas, mixed berries, mangoes, dried fruit like dried cranberries, pine nuts, almonds, toasted coconut threads or walnuts…etc.
What goes into this recipe?
It only needs six ingredients for this recipe. Simple and easy!
- Old-fashioned Rolled Oats – While traditional rolled oats are the most common type of oat to use, you can also use quick oats or steel-cut oats. ( steel-cut oats need to be soaked longer than other types of oats) PS: For gluten-free eaters, you need to buy certified gluten-free oats.
- Matcha Green Tea Powder– Matcha green tea powder tastes bitter by itself, but it works perfectly in this recipe with maple syrup to balance out the flavors.
- Plant-based Milk – you can use any type of non-dairy milk you like. Coconut milk, soy milk, almond milk, macadamia milk or cashew milk…etc
- Chia Seeds– this recipe works for both white and black chia seeds. Or you can mix black and white chia seeds. Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and fiber. It’s good to have!
- Mixed toasted nuts– here I use toasted pine nuts. You can use slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, and desiccated coconut…etc.
- Fruits– I use blue berries. You can use other dried, frozen, or fresh fruits such as sultanas, raisins, currants, strawberries, apricots and white mulberries.
How To Make Matcha Overnight Oats?
It literally takes less than 5 minutes to make this recipe, too good to be true!
Making a big batch of overnight oats at once so that you can save more time later in the week.
1. Grab a large mixing bowl, and add plant-based milk of your choice, matcha green tea powder, maple syrup, and vanilla essence into the mixing bowl.
2. Followed by old-fashioned rolled oats, and black or white chia seeds into the bowl.
3. Stir and mix everything together well with a whisk or a spoon.
4. Cover the bowl with cling wrap or transfer it into a clean sealed container, leave it in the fridge overnight( at least 6 hours). The next day, serve with toppings you like – fresh fruits or fruit pulp, berry compote, fruit coulis, toasted shredded coconut and nuts.
How to store ?
Overnight oats will stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days without a problem. Remember to use clean utensils when using them every time.
Hope you like this Vegan Matcha Overnight Oats recipe! 😘
More Vegan Sweets
Matcha Overnight Oats
- ¼ cup Blue Berries
- 1 ea Kiwi Fruit
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Pine nuts
- 1. Grab a large mixing bowl, and add plant-based milk of your choice, matcha green tea powder, maple syrup, and vanilla essence into the mixing bowl.
- 2. Followed by old-fashioned rolled oats, and black or white chia seeds into the bowl.
- 3. Stir and mix everything together well with a whisk or a spoon.
- 4. Cover the bowl with cling wrap or transfer it into a clean sealed container, leave it in the fridge overnight( at least 6 hours). The next day, serve with toppings you like – fresh fruits or fruit pulp, berry compote, fruit coulis, toasted shredded coconut and nuts.
Soldier always looks like he is thinking when he is quiet. Is he a deep thinker or an empty head? What do you think? 🤣
Sign Up to Joyful Dumplings!
Subscribe to our mailing list and join our community!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.