Last Updated on April 24, 2023
Overnight Chia Seed Pudding is the easiest breakfast and dessert you should make all the time.
By simply mix chia seeds, plant-based milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together, then leave it in the fridge soaked overnight. Served with colorful fruits and nuts on the top, you’re good to go!
Overnight Chia Seed Pudding
The best way to eat Chia Seeds is to make chia seed pudding. It can be amazing and creative.
You can use coconut milk, soy milk, almond milk or cashew milk…etc. As to the toppings, fruits are strawberries, blueberries, mixed berries, banana, orange, toasted nuts (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, toasted coconut flakes, or flaked almonds…), or add cocoa powder to turn it into chocolate chia seed pudding.
Chia seed pudding can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. It’s indeed an easy make-ahead meal.
Chia seeds benefits
This vegan chia seed pudding is not only super easy to make but also super healthy! Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and fiber. It’s creamy, filling, and delicious no matter how you serve it!
- Rich in calcium, and contain no cholesterol.
- High in antioxidants.
- High in fiber, with a 1-ounce serving containing 10 grams.
- Contain alpha-linolenic acid
What do you need
- Chia Seeds – this recipe works for both white and black chia seeds. Or you can mix black and white chia seeds together.
- Plant-based Milk – basically you can use any type of non-dairy milk. You can use coconut milk, soy milk, almond milk, macadamia milk or cashew milk…etc
- Maple syrup– is a healthier alternative for sweetness.
- Vanilla extract- The main flavor comes from vanilla extract or vanilla essence as chia seeds don’t have flavor by themselves.
How to make – Step by Step
Making Chia Seed pudding is incredibly easy. All you need to do is stir all the ingredients together!
1. Grab a large mixing bowl, add plant-based milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into the bowl.
2. Add black or white( or mixed) chia seeds into the bowl.
3. Stir and mix everything together well. (you can use a whisk if you like)
4. Cover the bowl with cling film or a lid, leave it in the fridge overnight( at least 6 hours). The next day, serve with toppings you like – fresh fruits or toasted nuts.
There are many health benefits of chia pudding. Chia seeds are a rich source of fiber, which can help to regulate digestion and keep you feeling full throughout the day. Chia seeds are also high in protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscles. Plus, chia seeds are rich in antioxidants, which can help to protect your cells from damage.
If you don’t soak chia seeds long enough, they won’t be as effective in terms of nutrition and hydration. The longer you soak them, the more gel-like they become and the more nutrients are released into the water. Chia seeds contain a high amount of fiber, which can help with digestion and keep you regular. They’re also a healthy source of protein, calcium, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Soaking chia seeds helps to break down the hard outer shell, making them easier to digest. This also makes the nutrients more bioavailable, so your body can absorb them more easily. Soaking also increases the soluble fiber content of the seeds, which can help to regulate digestion.
There are no known side effects of eating chia seeds, so you can enjoy them without worry. Add them to smoothies, yogurt, or oatmeal for a nutritious boost.
I know you will love this Chia Seed Pudding!
More Vegan Dessert recipes
- Rice pudding with cooked rice
- Protein blueberry muffins
- Chocolate covered dates
- Señorita Bread
- Tofu chocolate mousse
- Protein Mug Cake
- Vegan chocolate Raspberry cupcakes
Overnight Chia Seed Pudding
- 1. Grab a large mixing bowl, add plant-based milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into the bowl.
- 2. Add black or white( or mixed) chia seeds into the bowl.
- 3. Stir and mix everything together well. (you can use a whisk if you like)
- 4. Cover the bowl with cling film or a lid, leave it in the fridge overnight( at least 6 hours). The next day, serve with toppings you like – fresh fruits or toasted nuts.
Sign Up to Joyful Dumplings!
Subscribe to our mailing list and join our community!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.