Last Updated on September 12, 2023
These high protein Passionfruit Overnight Oats are an easy make-ahead meal.
They are as simple as it gets. 5 ingredients in total, stir all the ingredients together, and leave in the fridge. They will be ready for you while you’re sleeping.
These Passionfruit Overnight Oats are vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free (certified oats)! The most important of all, they’re effortless to make!
I love overnight oats, especially when it comes to the warmer weather.
They’re the best way to start a busy day- easy to make and full of nutrition. Passionfruit is one of my favorite toppings, it’s so citrusy, fresh, and heaven-like.
Along with some toasted nuts and dried fruits, such as pumpkin seeds, almond flakes, cranberries, and coconuts.
Prepping them in batches, they’re perfect for brekky and quick snacks. Wake up to a truly nutritious breakfast to fuel your busy day ahead.
What are overnight oats?
Basically, Overnight Oats are a no-cook method of making oatmeal. They’re made simply by oats absorbing in liquid during the night.
You can use pretty much any kind of oats, although traditional rolled oats are often preferred because they absorb the liquid faster but still retain the texture than quick oats and give a semi-solid texture.
As to the toppings, they’re highly customizable. Any fresh fruit like bananas, mixed berries, mangoes, dried fruit like dried cranberries or apricots…etc.
The benefits of eating overnight oats,
- High in Fiber: They are very filling, which keeps your stomach filled for a longer period of time
- They are high in Protein content.
- The high resistant starch content helps lose weight and increases the body’s insulin level.
- They help Increase digestibility
- They are inexpensive.
5 ingredients Passionfruit Overnight Oats
There are endless creative ways to make overnight oats, this recipe is designed to my personal liking.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to toppings and add-ins.
- Rolled Oats – If you’re on a strict gluten-free diet, you need to choose certified oats. While traditional rolled oats are the most common type of oat to use, you can also use quick oats. (Steel-cut oats are not suitable for overnight oats).
- Passionfruit Pulp– I use canned passionfruit pulp. Passionfruit has a sweet and tart flavor and lemon-like fragrance. Inside passionfruit are sacs that are filled with juice and small black seeds. This juice mixture is known as pulp. If you haven’t tried passion fruit yet, it is time to bring some home. You won’t be disappointed with what passionfruit has to offer! While fresh fruits are always better, for a cheaper option, you can use canned passionfruit pulp.
- Plant-based Milk – basically you can use any type of non-dairy milk. You can use coconut milk, soy milk, almond milk, macadamia milk, or cashew milk…etc
- Mixed toasted nuts– here I use almond flakes, pumpkin seeds, and desiccated coconut.
- Dried Fruits– I use dried cranberries. You can use other dried fruits including sultanas, raisins, currants, strawberries, and white mulberries.
How to make passionfruit Overnight Oats?
I’d recommend you make a big batch of overnight oats at once so that you can save more time later in the week.
1. Grab a large mixing bowl, add plant-based milk, and passionfruit pulp into the bowl.
2. Add rolled oats into the bowl.
3. Add mixed toasted nuts and dried cranberries into the bowl. Stir and mix everything together well.
4. Cover the bowl with cling film or a lid, leave it in the fridge overnight( at least 6 hours). The next day, serve with toppings you like – fresh fruits or toasted nuts.
How long will overnight oats last
Overnight oats will stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days without a problem.
Hope you will like this recipe.
More Easy Vegan Sweets
Passionfruit Overnight Oats (Dairy-Free)
- ¼ Cup Mixed Nuts & Desiccated Coconut
- ¼ Cup Passionfruit Pulp
- 1. Grab a large mixing bowl, add plant-based milk, and passionfruit pulp into the bowl.
- 2. Add rolled oats into the bowl.
- 3. Add mixed toasted nuts and dried cranberries into the bowl. Stir and mix everything together well.
- 4. Cover the bowl with cling film or a lid, leave it in the fridge overnight( at least 6 hours). The next day, serve with toppings you like – fresh fruits or toasted nuts.
Sign Up to Joyful Dumplings!
Subscribe to our mailing list and join our community!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.