These high protein Passionfruit Overnight Oats are an easy make-ahead meal. They are as simple as it gets. 5 ingredients in total, stir all the ingredients together, and leave in the fridge. They will be ready for you while you’re sleeping.
These Passionfruit Overnight Oats are vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free (certified oats)! The most important of all, they’re effortless to make!
I love overnight oats, especially when it comes to the warmer weather. They’re the best way to start a busy day- easy to make and full of nutrition. Passionfruit is one of my favorite toppings, it’s so citrusy, fresh, and heaven-like. Along with some toasted nuts and dried fruits, such as pumpkin seeds, almond flakes, cranberries, and coconuts. Wake up to a truly nutritious breakfast to fuel your busy day ahead.
Prepping them in batches, they’re perfect for brekki and quick snacks.
What are overnight oats?
Basically, Overnight Oats are a no-cook method of making oatmeal. They’re made simply by oats absorbing in liquid during the night. You can use pretty much any kind of oats, although traditional rolled oats are often preferred because they absorb the liquid faster but still retain the texture than quick oats and give a semi-solid texture.
As to the toppings, they’re highly customizable. Any fresh fruit like bananas, mixed berries, mangoes, dried fruit like dried cranberries or apricots…etc.
The benefits of eating overnight oats,
- They are very filling, which keeps your stomach filled for a longer period of time
- They are high in Protein and Fibre content.
- The high resistant starch content helps lose weight and increases the body’s insulin level.
- They help Increasing Digestibility
- They are inexpensive
5 ingredients Passionfruit Overnight Oats
There are endless creative ways to make overnight oats, this recipe is designed to my personal liking. There’re endless possibilities when it comes to toppings and add-ins.
- Rolled Oats – While traditional rolled oats are the most common type of oat to use, you can also use quick oats or steel-cut oats. ( steel cut oats need to be soaked longer than other types of oats)
- Passionfruit Pulp– Passionfruit has a sweet and tart flavor, and lemon-like fragrance. Inside passionfruit are sacs that are filled with juice and small black seeds. This juice mixture is known as pulp. If you haven’t tried passion fruit yet, it is time to bring some home. You won’t be disappointed with what passionfruit has to offer! Some US readers said that passionfruit is expensive in the states, for a cheaper option, you can use canned passionfruit pulp.
- Plant-based Milk – basically you can use any type of non-dairy milk. You can use coconut milk, soy milk, almond milk, macadamia milk or cashew milk…etc
- Mixed toasted nuts– here I use almond flakes, pumpkin seeds, and desiccated coconut.
- Dried Fruits– I use dried cranberries. You can use other dried fruits including sultanas, raisins, currants, strawberries, and white mulberries.
How to make passionfruit Overnight Oats?
I’d recommend you make a big batch of overnight oats at once so that you can save more time later in the week.
1. Grab a large mixing bowl, add plant-based milk, and passionfruit pulp into the bowl.
2. Add rolled oats into the bowl.
3. Add mixed toasted nuts and dried cranberries into the bowl. Stir and mix everything together well.
4. Cover the bowl with cling film or a lid, leave it in the fridge overnight( at least 6 hours). The next day, serve with toppings you like – fresh fruits or toasted nuts.
How long will overnight oats last ?
Overnight oats will stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days without a problem.
Hope you will like this recipe.
More Easy Vegan Sweets
Passionfruit Overnight Oats (Dairy-Free)
- 3 Cup Rolled Oats Note1
- 3¾ Cup Plant-based Milk
- ¾ Cup Mixed Nuts& Desiccated Coconut
- 3 Tbsp Dried Cranberries
- ¾ Cup Passionfruit Pulp Canned
- ¼ Cup Mixed Nuts & Desiccated Coconut
- ¼ Cup Passionfruit Pulp
- 1. Grab a large mixing bowl, add plant-based milk, and passionfruit pulp into the bowl.
- 2. Add rolled oats into the bowl.
- 3. Add mixed toasted nuts and dried cranberries into the bowl. Stir and mix everything together well.
- 4. Cover the bowl with cling film or a lid, leave it in the fridge overnight( at least 6 hours). The next day, serve with toppings you like – fresh fruits or toasted nuts.
Sign Up to Joyful Dumplings!
Subscribe to our mailing list and join our community!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.