Last Updated on August 23, 2023
These high-protein overnight oats with protein powder are a healthy vegan breakfast and snack.
Easy to make ahead, to give you a protein boost anytime! This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
Protein Overnight Oats with Protein Powder
Can you believe a single serve of this vegan protein oatmeal contains 18 grams of plant-based protein?
Vegan protein oatmeals are always my number one go-to brekkie, like this Matcha Overnight Oats and Passionfruit Overnight Oats. Not to mention how convenient overnight oats can be pre-made and stored in the refrigerator for up to at least 5 days.
I created this high-protein overnight oats recipe by adding chia seeds and plant-based protein powder to overnight oats.
Make this sweet, vanilla, protein overnight oats super nutritious and delicious. Never skip your first meal in the morning again. Start your busy day with this brekkie overnight oats!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Here is why you will fall in love with the high protein overnight oats recipe, the benefits of overnight oats with protein powder are:
- High protein – 18 grams of protein per serving, by adding protein powder in overnight oats.
- Easy to make – It literally takes less than 5 minutes to prep!
- Add fresh fruits, nuts, and chocolate chips for additional flavors.
- High in fiber – Thanks to oats and chia seeds.
- Low in Carb
Best Oats for overnight oats
Overnight oatmeal absorbs liquid during the night. You can use traditional rolled oats or quick oats.
In my opinion, traditional rolled oats absorb liquid faster and retain their texture better than quick oats.
Best Protein Powder for Vegan
You can use any dairy-free, plant-based protein powder in overnight oats with plant-based milk that your like.
Vegan protein sources like pea protein powder, almond protein powder, and peanut protein powder, are highly recommended. I also incorporate protein powder in my baking like this Protein Mug Cake Recipe.
I’m no expert on plant-based protein powder, so I found an article from Healthline – The 12 Best Vegan Protein Powders.
Protein overnight oats recipe
It only needs six ingredients for this recipe. Simple and easy! I’d recommend using an immersion blender to mix the protein powder and milk. It’s easier than using a whisk.
- Old-fashioned Rolled Oats – Old-fashioned rolled oats are the most common type of oat for overnight oats. Gluten-free eaters must buy oats that are certified gluten-free.
- Plant-Based Protein Powder– It is highly recommended to use pea protein powder, almond protein powder, and peanut protein powder. It’s an ingredient often used in high-protein vegan foods.
- Plant-based Milk – you can use any type of non-dairy milk you like. Coconut milk, soy milk, almond milk, macadamia milk or cashew milk…etc
- Chia Seeds – Both white and black chia seeds can be used in this recipe. You can also mix black and white chia seeds. Antioxidants, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and fiber are found in chia seeds. It’s a good thing to have!
- Vanilla Extract– Good-quality vanilla bean paste or extract.
- Maple Syrup – add sweetness to the oats. You can skip this if you don’t like it sweet.
- Mixed toasted nuts– You can use slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, and desiccated coconut…etc.
- Fruits – Blueberries are my favorite. Alternatively, you can use dried, frozen, or fresh fruits such as bananas, sultanas, raisins, currants, strawberries, apricots, and white mulberries.
How To Make Overnight Oats with Protein Powder
This recipe literally takes less than 5 minutes to make. Save more time later in the week by making a large batch of overnight oats at once.
1. Grab a large mixing bowl and add plant-based milk, protein powder of your choice, vanilla extra, and maple syrup. Mix them together using an immersion blender until no lumps are visible.
2. Add old-fashioned rolled oats, and chia seeds into the bowl.
3. Stir and mix everything together well.
4. Transfer the mixture into a clean sealed container, store it in the fridge overnight ( at least 6 hours). You can serve this the next day with toppings you like, such as fresh fruits, berry compote, fruit coulis, or toasted coconut with nuts.
How to store?
Overnight oats will stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days. Remember to use clean utensils when using them every time.
Can you freeze overnight oats?
Yes, you can freeze overnight oats for up to 3 months. Let it sit in the fridge first to absorb the liquid, then freeze.
For easy use, it is recommended to store the ready-to-use containers in the freezer.
Hope you like this Protein Overnight Oats with Protein Powder recipe! 😘
More Vegan Sweets
- Blueberry protein muffins
- Vegan Gelato with Date Caramel
- Chocolate covered dates
- Starbread Copycat Señorita Bread
- Vegan Valentine Cupcakes
- Tofu chocolate mousse
- Vegan burger buns
- Homemade Focaccia
Protein Overnight Oats with Protein Powder
- Grab a large mixing bowl and add plant-based milk, protein powder of your choice, vanilla extra, and maple syrup. Mix them together with using an immersion blender until no lumps are visible.
- Add old-fashioned rolled oats, and chia seeds into the bowl.
- Stir and mix everything together well.
- ransfer the mixture into a clean sealed container, store it in the fridge overnight ( at least 6 hours). You can serve this the next day with toppings you like, such as fresh fruits, berry compote, fruit coulis, or toasted coconut with nuts.
Sign Up to Joyful Dumplings!
Subscribe to our mailing list and join our community!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.