Last Updated on April 15, 2022 by SHU-CHUN
Asian slaw is a very popular salad( usually served as a side salad) that always includes chopped raw cabbage and sometimes other shredded vegetables. The name slaw is shorthand for coleslaw. Asian slaw is similar to a regular coleslaw but the dressing is generally infused with sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, olive oil, rice vinegar…etc. based dressing.
This Best Asian Slaw with Cashews is a great way to eat your colors, so fresh, crunchy, and appetizing! It’s delicious and healthy!
The vegetables in Asian slaw are basically like traditional Coleslaw, green/purple cabbages, carrots…etc( you can also use Chinese cabbage) However, the salad dressing is divine, with sweet, nutty, and savory flavors. A good salad dressing is really the key to a salad. Vegetable tosses in this Asian sesame dressing, topped with fresh herbs and toasted nuts even mixed with some soba or ramen noodles. This salad can be served as a side salad or quickly turned into a main meal( great for next day lunch box.) Indeed one of my all-time favorites!
P.S.: Make a large amount, use some as a side salad, then turn it into an Asian noodle salad for main meals! It will last for a few days in the fridge.
For the salad dressing, made from scratch might sound like extra work. That’s why I always recommend using a powerful blender to do the job, save your time and energy! (dump all in and then whizz up, job done in under a minute!)
What Ingredients in Asian Slaw?
- Coleslaw Mix: Here I use shredded green, purple cabbage, and carrot, I like to keep things simple. You can buy store-bought coleslaw mix or make your own.
- Roasted Cashew Nuts– Raw cashew nuts toast in an oven at 180 degree for 10 minutes. You can use peanuts if you like. Nuts add crunchiness to the salad!
- Cilantro and Spring Onion– fresh herbs give this salad a terrific taste!
Ingredients for Asian Slaw Salad dressing
It looks like there are a lot of ingredients, but don’t worry! I promise you the result would be totally worth it! Dump them all into the blender and let the machine do the work! l always make the triple amount of this dressing, it will last for a week or two in the fridge when anytime you need a speedy salad.
- Rice vinegar
- Peanut Butter– smooth or crunchy up to you.
- Olive Oil– or any neutral-flavored oil such as avocado oil…etc.
- Ginger– fresh ginger only
- Garlic– fresh garlic only
- Sesame Oil– black or white sesame oil both are ok. Black sesame oil has a stronger flavor.
- Light Soy Sauce– Pick a good brand of light soy sauce( L.K.K., Pearl River Bridge, Ayam…)or gluten-free soy sauce. I haven’t found a Tamari I like, if you have any sugestions, please let me know, highly appreciated:))
- Salt– taste if needed more
How to make the best Asian Slaw
- Add shredded greens, purple cabbage and carrot into a large mixing bowl along with chopped coriander, spring onion, and roasted cashew nuts.
2. Add Rice vinegar, maple syrup, peanut butter, olive oil, peeled ginger, peeled garlic, sesame oil, light soy sauce, and salt into the blender, whizz up until there are no lumps.
3. Pour the salad dressing into the mixing bowl, then mix them well.
4. Garnish with more fresh herbs and roasted nuts. Serve up!
Note: It will taste better after leaving it in the fridge for an hour!
Other meal ideas you will like:
- The best easy vegan ramen
- 15 minutes Easy Vegan BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Burgers
- Sha Cha Glass Noodles in under 10 minutes
- Super easy five-spice Tempeh popcorn with basil
- Vegan Curried Tofu Fried rice- one wok in under 15 minutes!
- Yaki Udon(Stir-fried Udon Noodles With Vegetables)
- Asian Soba Noodle Salad
- King Oyster Mushroom Stir Fry with Cashew Nuts
Tell me how it was and give it a 5-star rating below the comment section! Share your recipes by tagging @joyful_dumplings_vegan_recipes. I love seeing your creations!
Let’s keep in touch! 🙂
My recipes come with step-by-step video tutorials, so make sure you watch the video below to ensure success – and if you enjoy my recipes, please consider signing up to my website and YouTube channel. You can also find me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!
The Best Asian Slaw with Cashews
- A powerful blender
- 80 g Shredded Green Cabbage
- 80 g Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 80 g Shredded Carrot
- 15 g Chopped Coriander( Cilantro)
- 20 g Chopped Spring Onion
- Add shredded green, purple cabbage and carrot into a large mixing bowl along with chopped coriander, spring onion and roasted cashew nuts.
- Add Rice vinegar, maple syrup, peanut butter, olive oil, peeled ginger, peeled garlic, sesame oil, light soy sauce, and salt into the blender, whizz up until there are no lumps.
- Pour the salad dressing into the mixing bowl, then mix them well.
- Garnish with more fresh herbs and roasted nuts. Serve up!
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE…
Babies are looking for Daddy’s attention! Love xx
Sign Up to Joyful Dumplings!
Subscribe to our mailing list and join our community!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.