Last Updated on September 11, 2023
This Best Asian slaw with Cashews is oriental coleslaw, similar to a regular coleslaw but the dressing is generally infused with Asian seasonings like sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, olive oil, rice vinegar…etc. based dressing.
Oriental Coleslaw- Asian Slaw
Asian slaw is a very popular salad (usually served as a side salad) that always includes chopped raw cabbage and sometimes other shredded vegetables. The name slaw is shorthand for coleslaw.
This Best Asian Slaw with Cashews is a great way to eat your colors, so fresh, crunchy, and appetizing! It’s delicious and healthy!
The vegetables in Asian slaw are basically like traditional Coleslaw, green/purple cabbages, carrots…(You can also use Chinese cabbage) However, the salad dressing is divine, with sweet, nutty, and savory flavors.
A good salad dressing is really the key to a salad. Vegetable tosses in this Asian sesame dressing, topped with fresh herbs and toasted nuts even mixed with some soba or ramen noodles.
This salad can be served as a side salad or quickly turned into a main meal( great for next-day lunch box.) Indeed one of my all-time favorites!
For the salad dressing, made from scratch might sound like extra work.
That’s why I always recommend using a powerful blender to do the job, save your time and energy! (Dump all in and then whizz up, job done in under a minute!)
Asian Slaw Recipe
- Coleslaw Mix: Here I use shredded green, purple cabbage, and carrot, I like to keep things simple. You can buy store-bought coleslaw mix or make your own.
- Roasted Cashew Nuts– Raw cashew nuts toast in an oven at 180 degree for 10 minutes. You can use peanuts if you like. Nuts add crunchiness to the salad!
- Cilantro and Spring Onion– fresh herbs give this salad a terrific taste!
Asian Slaw dressing
It looks like there are a lot of ingredients, but don’t worry! I promise you the result will be totally worth it!
Dump them all into the blender and let the machine do the work!
l always make the triple amount of this dressing as it will last for a week or two in the fridge anytime you need a speedy salad.
- Rice vinegar
- Maple Syrup
- Peanut Butter– smooth or crunchy up to you.
- Olive Oil– or any neutral-flavored oil such as avocado oil…etc.
- Ginger– fresh ginger only
- Garlic– fresh garlic only
- Sesame Oil– black or white sesame oil both are ok. Black sesame oil has a stronger flavor.
- Light Soy Sauce– Pick a good brand of light soy sauce (L.K.K., Pearl River Bridge, Ayam…) or gluten-free soy sauce.
- Salt– taste if needed more
How to make the best Asian Slaw
- Add shredded greens, purple cabbage, and carrot into a large mixing bowl along with chopped coriander, spring onion, and roasted cashew nuts.
2. Add Rice vinegar, maple syrup, peanut butter, olive oil, peeled ginger, peeled garlic, sesame oil, light soy sauce, and salt into the blender, and whizz up until there are no lumps.
3. Pour the salad dressing into the mixing bowl, then mix them well.
4. Garnish with more fresh herbs and roasted nuts. Serve up!
Note: It will taste better after leaving it in the fridge for an hour!
Hope you enjoy this Asian Coleslaw!
MORE VEGAN ASIAN RECIPES
- Vegan Congee
- Vegan Chop Suey
- Easy Vegan Pho
- Garlic Chili Oil Noodles
- Pickled Chilies
- Chinese Stir-Fried Water Spinach
- Easy Vegan Ramen
- King Oyster Mushroom Stir Fry with Cashew Nuts
- Fast Sha Cha Glass Noodles
- Cold Tofu Noodles
- Vegan Singapore Mee Hom
- Vegan Pad See Ew
- Vegan Zaru Soba
- Vegan Yakisoba
- Vegan Yaki Udon
- Pad Pak (Thai Stir-Fried Veggies)
- One-Pot Bitter Melon Soup
- Pickled Daikon
- Sweet Potatoes Sautéed with Five Spice
- Homemade Puffed Tofu
- Best Vegan Fried Rice
- Daikon Radish in Miso Broth
More Salad recipes
The Best Asian Slaw with Cashews
- A powerful blender
- 3 oz Shredded Green Cabbage 80g
- 3 oz Shredded Purple Cabbage 80g
- 3 oz Shredded Carrot 80g
- ¼ cup Chopped Coriander( Cilantro)
- ¼ cup Chopped Spring Onion
- ½ cup Cashew Nuts toasted
- Add shredded green, purple cabbage and carrot into a large mixing bowl along with chopped coriander, spring onion and roasted cashew nuts.
- Add Rice vinegar, maple syrup, peanut butter, olive oil, peeled ginger, peeled garlic, sesame oil, light soy sauce, and salt into the blender, whizz up until there are no lumps.
- Pour the salad dressing into the mixing bowl, then mix them well.
- Garnish with more fresh herbs and toasted nuts. Serve up!
Babies are looking for Daddy’s attention! Love xx
Sign Up to Joyful Dumplings!
Subscribe to our mailing list and join our community!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.