Last Updated on May 31, 2023
Tomato Avocado Toast is a popular vegan breakfast or brunch- the combination of smashed avocado, tomato on toasted bread then drizzling with tangy balsamic glaze. It’s light, filling, and nutritious!
Tomato Avocado Toast
Who doesn’t like avocados? This tomato avocado toast is one of simple avocado toast recipes. It has all the goodness nutrients to fuel up your day.
Vegan avocado toast makes a great addition to your dining table. You can serve them as brekky, brunch, even as an colourful appetiser.
- You can whip it up in 5 minutes and adjust the toppings to your likings.
- All you need is 6 ingredients that are easy to access.
- Enjoy it anytime, any place. 🥰
Avocado Toast with Tomato
I don’t know why, I like my smashed avocado to go with tomatoes to make it like a simple salad on my breads.
Tomato Avocado Toast is mashed avocado with lime juice, red onion ( a bit like Mexican guacamole), and balsamic glaze. It’s a delicious open sandwich with basic ingredients. Effortless to prepare the filling. For low-carb or gluten-free eaters, you can choose low carb or gluten-free breads. If you don’t toast the bread, you can make it into your lunch sandwich. They will be tasty whether with toasted or untested breads.
Recipe for Tomato Avocado Toast
The six main ingredients found in Tomato Avocado Toast are: Avocado, Red Onion, Tomato( any type of tomatoes you like), Lime, Bread of Choice, and Balsamic Glaze.
P.S.: Make sure to use Ripe Avocados for this recipe. Unripe avocados are hard and tasteless: How to Tell if an Avocado is Ripe.
How do you make Avocado Toast
The picture below is the workflow. It looks so simple and easy, One of the easiest ways to make a healthy toast!😎
1. Use a big cook’s knife to slice around ripe avocados. Twist with both hands and remove the pit from the centre of one half.
2. Place the flesh into a bowl. Mash with a potato masher. Stir in finely dice red onion and squeeze one lime of juice, add salt and pepper to your liking and mix them together.
3. Spread the avocado filling over sliced bread ( bread of choice)
4. Top with freshly qautered cherry tomatoes and then drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Place the avocado in a brown paper bag with an apple or banana (or both). Close the bag, and leave it on your kitchen bench. The gases from the apple or banana will speed up the ripening process.
Store the leftover avocado open-side down in a bowl of water. Leave it in a air-tight container then place it in the fridge for up to 2 days
Avocados turn brown easily, so it’s not recommended to make this recipe ahead
Do you like this tomato avocado toast recipe? Let me know by leaving comments below.
More Comfort Food
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Sofritas (Chipotle Copycat)
- Vegan Chili
- Vegan Birria Tacos with Consommé
- Vegan Fajitas
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Vegan Mexican Rice
- Sticky Corn Ribs
- Mexican spices
- Vegan Tortilla Soup
Tomato Avocado Toast
- 1 Potato masher
- 2 ea Avocado ripped
- ¼ ea Red Onion around 1/2 cup, fine diced
- 1 ea Juice of Lime or Lemon
- 5 ea Cherry Tomato or other type of tomatoes you like
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 4 slice Bread Bread of choice, GF, Low-GI…etc.
- Balsamic Glaze
- 1. Use a big cook’s knife to slice around ripe avocados. Twist with both hands and remove the pit from the centre of one half.
- 2. Place the flesh into a bowl. Mash with a potato masher. Stir in finely dice red onion and squeeze one lime of juice, add salt and pepper to your liking and mix them together.
- 3. Spread the avocado filling over 4 sliced bread ( bread of choice)
- Top with freshly qautered cherry tomatoes and then drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
Sign Up to Joyful Dumplings!
Subscribe to our mailing list and join our community!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.