Last Updated on August 25, 2023
Cold Tofu Noodles, also known as bean curd noodles, is one of the classic Chinese tofu dishes, usually served as a side dish.
It’s accidentally happened to be vegan, low-calorie, high-protein, as well as gluten-free.
It is a very common dish among Asian cuisines. It’s simply sliced from thin sheets of extra-firm tofu, it has a denser and unique chewy texture.
Bean Curd Noodles (Tofu Noodles)
Tofu noodles, bean curd noodles, or Shredded Tofu (豆腐絲), are sliced from thin sheets of extra-firm tofu, not to be confused with Japanese tofu shirataki noodles or yuba (tofu skin), which are typically made with tofu and yam gelatin. Here is an article about bean curd varieties.
You can buy tofu noodles from most Asian supermarkets next to cartons of fresh tofu.
Every 50g of tofu noodles contains 7 grams of fat, 6 grams of carbs, and 18 grams of protein, which is a very good source of protein.
Cold Tofu Noodles Recipe
- Tofu Noodles (bean curd noodles) – You can buy them from most Asian supermarkets in the fresh tofu section.
- Garlic Shoots– I use garlic shoots, but a lot of people use celery (cut into matchsticks) or green beans, they both taste great with this recipe.
- Carrot– Peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Wood Ear (Black Fugus)– You can buy them from most supermarkets. They need to be soaked in hot water for 10 minutes before slicing.
Ingredients for dressing
- Dark Soy Sauce– L.K.K or Pearl River Bridge brand
- Light Soy Sauce– L.K.K or Pearl River Bridge brand
- Minced Garlic– Freshly grated.
- Toasted Sesame Oil– For this salad dish, I chose Organic toasted sesame oil. Most toasted sesame oil on the market is made from white sesame seeds, but if you like stronger sesame flavor, you can opt for black sesame oil (made from black sesame seeds, they’re rare and higher in price).
- Salt and Sugar- Organic sugar is always a better option if you have concerns.
How to make This Chinese tofu dish
- Heat up a pot of water, add salt, and bring it to a boil. Then add bean curd noodles into the pot, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add julienned garlic shoots, carrot, and sliced wood ear mushroom.
- Once the water is boiled again, take out all of them then replace them in a mixing bowl with icy water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water completely, then add dark and light soy sauce, minced garlic, toasted sesame oil, salt, and sugar. Mix them well then leave the salad in the fridge for few hours, it tastes even better overnight.
Hope you like this bean curd noodles recipe. 🥰
Other Salad Recipe Ideas
Other meal ideas you will like:
- Vegan Seaweed Salad
- Korean Cucumber Salad (Mild)
- Stir-fried Water Spinach
- Five Spice Sweet Potatoes
- Picked Daikon
- Pad Pak
- Pan-fried Spiced Chickpeas
- Sha Cha Glass Noodles
- Tempeh popcorn with basil
- Vegan Curried Tofu Fried Rice
- Yaki Udon
- King Oyster Mushroom Stir Fry with Cashew Nuts
- Vegan Thai Basil Stir Fry
Bean Curd Noodles
- Heat up a pot of water, add salt and bring it to boil. Then add tofu noodles into the pot, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add julienned garlic shoots, carrot and sliced wood ear mushroom.
- Once the water is boil again, take out all of them then replace them to a mixing bowl with icy water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water compeletely, then add dark and light soy sauce, minced garlic, toasted sesame oil, salt and suger. Mix them well then leave the salad in the fridge for few hours, it tastes even better overnight.
Soilder: Am I COOL?? 😛
Sign Up to Joyful Dumplings!
Subscribe to our mailing list and join our community!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.